Step 1 involved discovering the importance of money in your life.
Step 2 involved discovering the purpose of money in your life.
Step 3 was to list out your top 5 values you want to focus on over the next 12 months.
Step 4 covered how to create an actionable plan for executing on these life values.
- List our your top 5 dreams on a piece of paper.
- Remember – with this exercise, you want to dream big! Don’t be worried if one or more of your dreams “seems” unrealistic.
- For each of your top 5 dreams, further refine them so that they are specific and measureable.
- 48 hour action plan –
- As discussed in the life values section in Part 2 of this series, list at least some specific action that is possible to take upon your dreams in the next two days.
- Next, for each of your dreams, list who, if anyone, you want to share them with.
- Fifth, you will want to list what specific life value (from Part 2) this dream helps you fullfill.
- Personally, I feel this is one of the most important steps. For me, it is interesting to see how related my dreams are to my life values.
- Finally, for each of your dreams, write down a rough estimate of how much it will cost.
Do you have all of these 6 items recorded for each of your dreams? Good work!
Feels like quite an accomplishment doesn’t it?
My Results for Step 5
Jacob’s Top 5 Dreams
- Backpack on the Inca Trail in Peru
- Hike all of the Appalachian Trail in Virginia
- Own a cabin in the mountains/woods
- Be part of starting/growing a biotechnology company
- Visit Yellowstone National Park
Dream – Backpacking on the Inca Trail in Peru
Specific, measurable – Go on a 4 day backpacking trip on the Inca Trail in Peru, finishing at Macchu Picchu in 2012.
48 hour action plan – Search online for Peruvian tour companies that offer these guided backpacking trips and their prices.
Who share dream with? Family or friends.
What value(s) does this help fullfill? Freedom and Health
Approximate cost – $3,000
To receive updates on topics such as this one as soon as they are published, click on the link below to subscribe to My Money Blog: