- Frequency that I need to get a haircut = Once every 5 weeks
- 52 weeks = 1 year
- Equates to 10.4 haircuts per year
- Price I pay (including tip to get my haircut) = $17
- $17 x 10.4 haircuts per year = $176.80 per year, increasing at the rate of inflation (3.2%)
- Cost to purchase the Wahl automatic trimmer/haircut kit from Target I bought several weeks ago = ~$30
- I start cutting my hair from now (age 24) until I am age 70 (at which time, I will probably have no hair)
How about you all? Have you ever tried cutting your own hair? Were you satisfied with the results?
How much money did it save you you think?
My Personal Finance Journey
Learning for Life
Did you like this article? You can get the complete text of all the latest articles at My Personal Finance Journey in your email inbox each evening by clicking the link below and entering your email address. Your address will only be used for mailing you the articles, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.
Related articles about cutting your own hair at several of my favorite personal finance blogs: