Welcome to My Personal Finance Journey! If you are new here, please read the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us. If you would like to receive free updates on articles like this by email, then sign up here or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. Also, check us out on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
Welcome to the Best of Money Carnival (a weekly listing of the top 10 personal finance posts)– Best Cartoon Theme Song Jingles Edition!
I hope you enjoy the flashbacks and the posts – and then come back to visit My Personal Finance Journey on my non-carnival days too.
This week, we had 62 articles submitted. Below are my choices for the Top 10 Personal Finance posts of the last couple of weeks (that were submitted properly of course) in countdown order (from 10 to 1). A big congrats to all of this week’s winners!
10. Darwin presents Value of Tax Shield Explained – MBA Mondays posted at Darwin’s Money. The value of tax a tax shield is explained here. Ever wonder why people and businesses love to borrow so much? Here it is put to the numbers test.
6. Miranda presents Are You Responsible for Your Spouse’s Debt? posted at Moolanomy. Ever wondered if you’ll be liable for the debt of your fiancée once you get married? This post will answer your questions.
5. Michael presents Six Great Ways To Introduce Kids to Stock Investing posted at The Dough Roller, saying, “It’s never too early to teach kids about money and specifically, stock investing.”
4. Kevin McKee presents Good Debt Exists (and it’s Awesome!) posted at Thousandaire, saying, “Some people don’t believe in “Good Debt”, which is sad because people use it every day to make a lot of money. Don’t avoid low-interest debt; use it to your advantage!”
3. Ryan @ CML presents How to Interview a Financial Planner posted at Cash Money Life. This post gives some good tips on how you can interview, screen, and hire a financial planner to help you manage your money; includes tips on doing a background check to verify credentials.
2. Flexo presents Should You and Your Spouse Combine Money? posted at Consumerism Commentary, saying, “Be prepared to get stares from your spouse if you continue to keep your money a secret from each other.”
And, last, but obviously not least, this week’s overall winner……
1. The Amateur Financier presents I Couldn’t Make This Up: 50 Cent, Penny Stocks, and Twitter posted at The Amateur Financier. This post shares a lesson of caution about penny stocks, derived from the tale of 50 Cent and his use of Twitter in a pump and dump scam. Enjoy and most of all, learn!
Well, that concludes this week’s Best of Money Edition. To all participants – it was a pleasure reading your articles this week!
Please submit your posts to the next edition of the Best of Money Carnival using the carnival submission form. The next carnival (#87) will be hosted by Live Real, Now and is scheduled for January 24, 2011.
Also, If you’d like to host a future carnival, send FMF an email asking for a slot.
***Photo courtesy of http://www.theliberaloc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/scoobydoo.jpg