Welcome to My Personal Finance Journey! If you are new here, please read the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us. If you would like to receive free updates on articles like this by email, then sign up here or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. Also, check us out on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
Click here to enter my free giveaway for 5 copies of H&R Block At Home Premium Edition
Welcome to the March 9th, 2011 edition of the Best of Credit Cards and Money Carnival.
The goal of this carnival is to highlight articles each week that provide a unique view of credit cards, credit scores, and personal finance that can help people manage their money.
The theme of this edition of the carnival is interesting facts/statistic about the use of credit cards. Prior to signing up for one of the great credit card offers listed in some of this week’s articles, it is important to know as much about what you are getting yourself in to as possible. Enjoy!
Listed below are the top 3 articles of this week’s carnival!
Top 3 Editor’s Picks
1. Suba presents Credit card benefits : Insurance, extended warranty, shopping and more posted at Wealth Informatics, saying, “Credit card benefits range from Auto rental collision damage waiver, Travel & Emergency Assistance, Travel Accident Insurance, warranty, and price protection”
2. Control your Cash presents Us 1, American Express 0 | Control Your Cash: Making Money Make Sense posted at Control Your Cash, saying, “A helpful rule in your economic life is to think about every transaction from the other party’s perspective. In this case, look at the handsome annuity that your credit card balance becomes in the eyes of the card issuer.”
3. Michael presents Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Card $100 Cash Back posted at Consumerism Commentary, saying, “The Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card offers $100 cash back, a great intro period AND up to 5% cash back on purchases. One of the best overall credit cards in the market today.”
Credit Card Factoid # 1 and # 2
And, listed below are the rest of this week’s submissions.
Credit Card Reviews
Jeff Weber presents Citi Platinum Mastercard Review posted at Smart Balance Transfers, saying, “An overview of who can benefit from the Citi Platinum Select card and who would be better off with a different credit card.”
Michael Pruser presents Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card 4 Nights FREE Promo posted at The Dough Roller, saying, “The Citi Hilton Card is perfect for the avid traveler who wants to enjoy their off time.”
CreditCardGuru presents Discover Card Benefits Explained posted at credit card forum [the blog], saying, “Here is a review of the benefits that are included on Discover credit cards. Some benefits are unique, while others are just average and found on most credit cards these days.”
RC presents New Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa- 20,000 Bonus Points Offer-Review posted at Think Your Way to Wealth, saying, “A look at the new Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa, which offers points based on the new Rapid Rewards program.”
Sun presents Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card 20,000 Points Promotion posted at The Sun’s Financial Diary.
Tim Chen presents NerdWallet’s Best Balance Transfers Spring 2011 Edition posted at NerdWallet Blog – Credit Card Watch, saying, “Balance transfers can be a great tool for people carrying a substantial amount of credit card debt. It’s not all free money though – you have to be aware of the fine print.”
Credit Card Factoid # 3 and #4
3. Around the U.S.:
Credit Card Tips
Janet presents What Would You Buy on a $27,000 Shopping Spree with 46 Credit Cards? posted at Credit Cards Canada, saying, “What if you had 46 credit cards and a $27,000 shopping list? What would do? Before your cards were flagged you were busted for fraud, of course.”
Ryan @ MFN presents What Credit Score Do You Need to Refinance a VA Loan? posted at The Military Wallet, saying, “The VA Loan has minimum credit score requirements to be eligible for to refinance your loan. This article covers the basics of VA Loan refinancing and your credit score.”
Credit Card Factoid # 5 and #6
5. U.S households will receive approximately 5.3 billion offers for new credit cards in 2007
6. At least one in ten consumers have more than 10 credit cards in their wallets. However the overall average number of credit cards per consumer is 4.
Boomer presents Contrary Financial Decisions posted at Boomer & Echo, saying, “There are some instances where it makes sense to follow your own judgment or instincts rather than take the “accepted” or common route.”
Miranda presents Are You Paying Too Much Attention to Financial Media? posted at Personal Dividends – Money+Lifestyle, saying, “As more people have access to more money possibilities, media outlets have rushed in to provide advice. But are you doing yourself more harm than good when you pay too much attention to financial media?”
Well – that concludes this edition. Next week, the Carnival of Credit Cards and Money will be returning to Card Wisdom. Submit your article for inclusion in the upcoming edition by clicking the following link - Submit your article to the Best of Credit Cards and Money Carnival.
***Photo courtesy of http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/moxiepix/a3746.jpg
***Credit card factoids source – http://www.hoffmanbrinker.com/credit-card-debt-statistics.html