Welcome to My Personal Finance Journey! If you are new here, please read the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us. If you would like to receive free updates on articles like this by email, then sign up here or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. Also, check us out on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
Click here to enter my free giveaway for 2 copies of H&R Block At Home Premium Edition
I simply love the Tour de France.
There is truly something magical about watching this particular 3 week cycling race unfold in July each summer. In the race, the riders cover nearly 2,000 miles, including stages through the majestic Alpine Mountain range and the sunflower and vineyard fields of Southern France. As an avid cycling fan and past Category 2 road cycling racer (I raced once-upon-a-time from 2001-2005), July is a truly a glorious time of year.
And, now that I’ve been blogging for a little over a year and a half, I’ve decided that I want to bring the spirit of healthy (minus the occasional doping scandal) competition embodied by the Tour de France to the personal finance blogosphere in the form of the Tour de Personal Finance!
What is the Goal of the Tour de Personal Finance?
How The Tour de Personal Finance Will Work
- Personal finance bloggers will submit their best, highest quality post from the past year (only one post) to me via email (see below for details of how to submit a post) before July 1st.
- The posts will then be paired off using a random number generator.
- The paired posts will “compete” against each other each day in a stage (what they call each day of racing in the Tour de France), which will be posted on My Personal Finance Journey.
- Readers will comment on the post to vote for which post they think is better. The post with the most votes each day will be declared the STAGE WINNER.
- The stage winners will move on to the next round, where they will square off against other stage winners. Again, the best post each day will be voted for by the readers.
- The blog author will be allowed to vote for him/herself. Others will most likely do it, so you should too! But, no gaming of the system will be allowed. Entrants will, however, be allowed to ask their friends to vote for them, promote the contest on their site, etc.
- At the end of the month, the final winner of the competition will be crowned the Maillot Jaune (or the yellow jersey, which is given to the overall winner of the Tour de France each year). Ties will be broken by me.
- Yellow Jersey – Winner of overall competition. Article voted “best” by readers.
- White Jersey – Goes to highest placing, new blog (judged by how far they get in the competition and how long they have been blogging).
- Green Jersey – Goes to the blog whose article wins a single stage “the fastest.” In other words, the Green Jersey goes to the blog who wins a single stage by the biggest margin against their competitor.
- Polka-Dot Jersey – Goes to the best blog article entered which details information on “climbing” out of the debt “mountain”.
How To Enter
- Name and URL of blog.
- URL and title of your best article from last 12 months.
- A concise 2-5 sentence description of the post (this will be posted on each stage’s announcement, so really SELL why post should win!).
- The month and year in which you started blogging (will be used to determine White Jersey winner).
Please let me know if you have any questions! Let the cycling (and blogging) begin!!!
***Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeshlabotnik/350582000/