Welcome to My Personal Finance Journey! If you are new here, please read the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us. If you would like to receive free updates on articles like this by email, then sign up here or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. Also, check us out on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
The following is a guest post. Enjoy!
The “Sue-Happy” Attitude in Today’s Society
Know Your Risks
How about you all? Do you think that liability insurance is needed for businesses these days? If you own a business, do you carry a liability insurance policy?
Share your experiences by commenting below!
Jacob’s Thoughts – Listed below are my random thoughts as I was reading this article.
- So let’s see – do I feel that business owners need liability insurance?
- Yes, indeed I do.
- Typically, the purpose of insurance is to protect you from financial disasters and protect your earnings ability.
- So, if you own a small business and it is your sole source of income, I believe it does make sense to have business insurance (which usually includes a liability coverage portion).
- One question that I did have in particular was to any of the full time bloggers out there….Do you all have business insurance for if someone sued you for copyright infringement, etc? I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on this and whether or not you think it is needed…
- As I was reading through the post above, it really reminded me of all of the precautions that the moving company had to take in packing up and transporting my belongings during my two moves to Virginia and Philadelphia over the past few years.
- In these moves, every component I owned was wrapped so carefully, that it made me cringe to think of the shear number of lawsuits the company has no doubt faced over the years that’s forced them to start being some strict about their packing. Truly amazing!
***Photo courtesy of http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/4122171512_3f4dc612d0.jpg