Welcome to My Personal Finance Journey! If you are new here, please read the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us. If you would like to receive free updates on articles like this by email, then sign up here or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. Also, check us out on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
Click here to enter my free $141.20 giveaway for a chance to win 5% of My Personal Finance Journey blog income and give another 5% to a charity of your choosing! Deadline to enter is February 29th, 2012.
Welcome Consumerism Commentary readers! Thanks so much for stopping by my site by way of the my guest post today over at Flexo’s blog listed below. As the picture to the right shows, I’m very happy to have you here! 🙂
If you’re stopping by my site for the first time, I just wanted to give a little guide towards what I offer here, since information overload can occur quickly and time is our most valuable asset.
To introduce myself, my name is Jacob. I started this site back in January of 2010, and since then, have poured my heart and soul in to the site to produce a product I am proud of and I think adds value to the world. You can read a little more on my background and even see a picture of me on the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us.
WHAT I WRITE ABOUT HERE AT MY PERSONAL FINANCE JOURNEY
In short, I like to offer actionable personal finance advice with the goal of achieving long-term success.
Specifically, I really enjoy writing about the following areas (I’ve also listed several posts related to each topic in case you’re interested in reading more):
- Long term investing and asset allocation strategy analysis
- Vanguard vs. Fidelity – Which Funds Are Better?
- Dollar Cost Averaging vs. Dollar Value Averaging – Which Makes You More Money in the Long Run?
- What To Do With Your 401k Savings When Leaving Your Employer
- Deciding how to prioritize new funds as they come in to various spending requirement areas
- Account Prioritization Hierarchy – Which Monetary Needs Come First?
- How Do Mortgage Payments Fit in to the Account Hierarchy?
- How to develop a lifestyle of frugality and live according to your life dreams and life values
ARTICLES SIMILAR TO MY GUEST POST TODAY AT Consumerism commentary
Additionally, if you liked the theme (investing strategy / asset allocation analysis) of the guest post I wrote for Consumerism Commentary today and are interested in similar posts I’ve written in the past, you might want to check out the ones below:
- Valuation Informed Index Investing vs. Passive Investing – Which is Better?
- Performance Analysis of the American Growth Mutual Fund
- Was the Lost Decade Really Lost for Investors?
WAYS TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH NEW CONTENT
- If you would like to receive free updates on articles by email, then sign up here.
- Or, you can subscribe to the RSS feed.
- Also, follow/like our pages on Twitter or Facebook.
10% MONTHLY BLOG INCOME GIVEAWAY
Also, each month, I give away 10% of any income I make from this site, with 5% going to blog readers and the other 5% going to a charity selected by the grand prize winner. You can read about all of the details by clicking here.
So far, we’ve given away:
- Current total given to charity = $334
- Current total given to blog readers = $345
If you want to enter in to the February 2012 giveaway for $141.20, click here. It ends February 29th!
Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
***Photo courtesy of http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/173590997_4f6930be15.jpg