Welcome to My Personal Finance Journey! If you are new here, please read the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us. If you would like to receive free updates on articles like this by email, then sign up here or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. Also, check us out on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
Welcome Budgets are Sexy readers! Thanks so much for stopping by my site by way of the my guest post today over at J. Money’s blog listed below. I’m very happy to have you here! 🙂
How to Save Even MORE on Hotel Rooms Using Both Priceline and Hotwire
And, thanks to J. Money, I actually found out that the post was lucky enough to be mentioned at the following places as well. I’m glad that everyone seems to be benefiting from sharing this simple money saving strategy.
LifeHacker.com – Get Better Hotel Deals
College Candy – Cheap Candy
If you’re stopping by my site for the first time, I just wanted to give a little guide towards what I offer here, since information overload can occur quickly and time is our most valuable asset.
To introduce myself, my name is Jacob. I started this site back in January of 2010, and since then, have poured my heart and soul in to the site to produce a product I am proud of and I think adds value to the world. You can read a little more on my background and even see a picture of me on the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us.
WHAT I WRITE ABOUT HERE AT MY PERSONAL FINANCE JOURNEY
In short, I like to offer actionable personal finance advice with the goal of achieving long-term success.
Specifically, I really enjoy writing about the following areas (I’ve also listed several posts related to each topic in case you’re interested in reading more):
- Long term investing and asset allocation strategy analysis
- Vanguard vs. Fidelity – Which Funds Are Better?
- Dollar Cost Averaging vs. Dollar Value Averaging – Which Makes You More Money in the Long Run?
- What To Do With Your 401k Savings When Leaving Your Employer
- The Permanent Portfolio by Harry Browne – Component Returns Correlation Analysis and My Future Plans
- Valuation Informed Index Investing vs. Passive Investing – Which is Better?
- Performance Analysis of the American Growth Mutual Fund
- Was the Lost Decade Really Lost for Investors?
- Deciding how to prioritize new funds as they come in to various spending requirement areas
- Account Prioritization Hierarchy – Which Monetary Needs Come First?
- How Do Mortgage Payments Fit in to the Account Hierarchy?
- How to develop a lifestyle of frugality and live according to your life dreams and life values
ARTICLES SIMILAR TO MY GUEST POST TODAY AT budgets are sexy
Additionally, if you liked the theme (how to save money / frugal living) of the guest post I wrote for Budgets are Sexy today and are interested in similar posts I’ve written in the past, you might want to check out the ones below:
- Frugal Living Idea – Skip the Barber and Cut Your Own Hair
- Should I Buy Life Insurance Even Though I Don’t Need It?
- What Do You Refuse to Go Cheap On?
- How I Saved Myself Money With Rental Cars (And You Can Too)
WAYS TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH NEW CONTENT
- If you would like to receive free updates on articles by email, then sign up here.
- Or, you can subscribe to the RSS feed.
- Also, follow/like our pages on Twitter or Facebook.
10% MONTHLY BLOG INCOME GIVEAWAY
Also, each month, I give away 10% of any income I make from this site, with 5% going to blog readers and the other 5% going to a charity selected by the grand prize winner. You can read about all of the details by clicking here.
So far, we’ve given away:
- Current total given to charity = $334
- Current total given to blog readers = $345
If you want to enter in to the March 2012 giveaway, it will be on the way in a few days. Stay tuned!
Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
***Photo courtesy of http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/29/34/1293468_818276a6.jpg