The following is a guest post. Enjoy!
1. Get serious about your savings goal
- Set up an automatic savings account transfer to move a set percentage of your take-home pay into savings each month.
- Set short-term and long-term savings goals with dates and dollar amounts to keep yourself on track.
- When you save money on a purchase, move the difference into savings.
- Transfer found money, bonuses, and commissions into savings.
2. Make sound financial investment decisions
3. Always look for the best interest rates
How about you all? In your opinion, what is the first step towards becoming financially independent? Is this first step also the most important step, or is there another more important step further down the road that you need to overcome?
Share your experiences by commenting below!
***Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/rvoegtli/6691093687/sizes/l/in/photostream/