Welcome to My Personal Finance Journey! If you are new here, please read the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us. If you would like to receive free updates on articles like this by email, then sign up here or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. Also, check us out on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for visiting! Keep on learning!
Click here to enter my free $50.53 giveaway for a chance to win 5% of My Personal Finance Journey blog income and give another 5% to a charity of your choosing! Deadline to enter is April 30th, 2013.
The following is a guest from Trudy Swann, a regular money saving blogger making the most of life’s frugal ways. Enjoy!
1. Swap the coffee shop for your own coffee/espresso maker
2. Make your own lunch
3. Swap the gym for the great outdoors
The majority of individuals that own gym passes and don’t use it is phenomenal.
Many purchase a yearly sports pass with all the right intentions in mind, however both work and home commitments make getting there more effort than it’s worth. Unfortunately, gyms are not cheap, and my monthly membership fee was proving to cause a huge dent in my salary. Working out shouldn’t solely be about the gym and there are plenty of other non-gym based activities available, most of which will easily fit into your current schedule. A lot of them are free too.
4. Grow your own vegetables
5. Swap the bus for the bike
How about you all? What are your favorite ways to save money each month? Do you use any of the things mentioned above?
Share your experiences by commenting below!
Jacob’s Thoughts – Listed below are my random thoughts as I was reading this article.
- With the exception of # 4 above (growing your own garden), I utilize all of the tips above quite effectively each month.
- I bike to work instead of driving a car and/or paying for a parking pass.
- I do not pay for a gym membership since it is included in my student activity fees as a graduate student.
- I bring and/or eat lunch at home almost every day of the work-week. The only time I don’t is once every couple of weeks when I go out to eat with a group of friends.
- Lastly, I make my own coffee at home so that I don’t have to buy it at the coffee shops on campus.
***Photo courtesy of http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1394/4605158343_a2c4873f90_o.jpg