Without further ado, let’s get started with the 1st Stage (featuring posts from the “Side Hustle” category of articles submitted) of the 2013 Tour de Personal Finance (to follow all of the action, click on the Tour de Personal Finance category link and scroll down to read all the posts involved in this subject).
We greatly appreciate Debt Free Direct for being the title partner of the 2013 event and for all their great support. If you’re interested in learning more about the help and advice Debt Free Direct offers to people in debt or their money-saving tips on how to prevent building up debt, click here.
A Quick Reminder On Prizes For The 2013 Competition
The 2013 edition of the Tour de PF will be doubly exciting because we have some very nice cash prizes to give away to the winner and also to charity to continue helping the community.
These will be as follows:
- Yellow Jersey (1st Place) Winner of the 2013 Tour de Personal Finance will receive $100 cash via PayPal.
- In addition, the Yellow Jersey Winner will also get to decide what charity they want me to donate $700 to in honor of their efforts/victory.
To view the most up-to-date brackets of the competition, click the following link – 2013 Debt Free Direct Tour de PF Bracket
Going along with Tour de France cycling tradition, I’ve listed each competition within each stage as an “intermediate sprint” (one post versus another) along with the description provided by the blog author when the post was submitted.
Also, if applicable, I will give a brief description of the stage of the Tour de France that took place the same day as (or that has happened since the previous Stage of) the competition.
How to Vote
You can vote for the two articles (one from each intermediate sprint) you’d like to see proceed in the Tour by commenting in the comments section below and telling which are your favorites. I’ve listed a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote (as a made-up example, you can just comment: Sprint 1: Mutual; Sprint 2: 401k, etc.)
Be sure to comment which one you like the best out of each set of two! Criteria for the best article is completely up to you, but you can use these factors as a guide: 1) post of your favorite blogger, 2) most interesting post, 3) most thought-provoking post, 4) most unique post, or 5) most actionable post.Here are today’s competitions:
Voting will continue until June 29th for this Stage!
Intermediate Sprint #1
- 5 Different Passive Income Ideas (Passive): There are so many different ways to make money, but so few are actually passive. Here are five ways that you can actually earn a passive income stream if you put the work in up front.
- Earning Quick Cash – Ways to Earn $100 in a Day Legally Without Investment (Cash): Various tips to earn quick cash in a day without investment. This article is a compilation of bloggers feedback and lists ways to earn $100 in a day legally and without a single penny of investment.
Intermediate Sprint # 2
- Starting a Business on a Shoestring (Shoestring): You don’t have to start out in debt or have a lot of capital in order to start a business. You can do so on a shoestring.
- Think Like An Entrepreneur (Think): Having the mindset and thinking like an entrepreneur is the #1 key to success in life.
Tour de France Daily Recap
Unfortunately, the Tour de France doesn’t start in real life until this Saturday, June 29th (we had to get started a little early this year due to the larger number of entries!).
This year’s Tour features some really cool things for us to look forward to though.
- First, it is the 100th edition of the event.
- Second, the Tour will start from the island of Corsica, the only time in the race’s history that it has visited that Department.
- Third, it will be the first time since the 2003 that the event will take place entirely on French roads (no visits to neighboring countries).
- Finally, the race features a Stage in which the famous climb of Alpe d’ Huez (one that I’ve actually done myself, and can attest to how hard it is!) will be climbed not once, but twice. I’m not quite sure how the logistics will work out with that, but it should be very entertaining to watch!
***Photo courtesy of http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8314/7957045090_f092384087_o.jpg