It looks like this is your first comment here, so thank you!
Your comment is helping to make all the content here better because I am only half the voice around these parts. 🙂 You, and other readers like you, are adding your thoughts and opinions and making the content more alive than I could make it by myself. Your comments also help motivate me to learn new things and keep improving the site.
So thank you!
If you’re interested in receiving email updates when new content is published on My Personal Finance Journey, simply sign up using the handy dandy box below:
If you’re stopping by my site for the first time, I just wanted to give a little guide towards what I offer here, since information overload can occur quickly and time is our most valuable asset.
To introduce myself, my name is Jacob. I started this site back in January of 2010, and since then, have poured my heart and soul in to the site to produce a product I am proud of and I think adds value to the world. You can read a little more on my background and even see a picture of me on the “About” or “First-Time Visitor” pages to find out more about us.
WHAT I WRITE ABOUT HERE AT MY PERSONAL FINANCE JOURNEY
In short, I like to offer actionable personal finance advice with the goal of achieving long-term success.
Specifically, I really enjoy writing about the following areas (I’ve also listed several posts related to each topic in case you’re interested in reading more):
- Long term investing and asset allocation strategy analysis
- Vanguard vs. Fidelity – Which Funds Are Better?
- What To Do With Your 401k Savings When Leaving Your Employer
- The Permanent Portfolio by Harry Browne – Component Returns Correlation Analysis and My Future Plans
- Valuation Informed Index Investing vs. Passive Investing – Which is Better?
- Performance Analysis of the American Growth Mutual Fund
- Was the Lost Decade Really Lost for Investors?
- Dollar Cost Averaging vs. Dollar Value Averaging – Which Makes You More Money in the Long Run?
- Deciding how to prioritize new funds as they come in to various spending requirement areas
- How to develop a lifestyle of frugality and live according to your life dreams and life values
WAYS TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH NEW CONTENT
- If you would like to receive free updates on articles by email, then sign up here or enter your email address in the form above.
- Or, you can subscribe to the RSS feed.
- Also, follow/like our pages on Twitter or Facebook.
10% MONTHLY BLOG INCOME GIVEAWAY
Also, each month, I give away 10% of any income I make from this site, with 5% going to blog readers and the other 5% going to a charity selected by the grand prize winner. You can read about all of the details by clicking here, and be sure to also enter in to the running for a chance to win some of the reader give back money.
So far, we’ve given away:
- Current total given to charity = $918
- Current total given to blog readers = $847…and counting! 🙂
If you have any questions, or if there is any other way I can help you, please contact me! And once again, thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!